Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh boy here we go

So Yesterday I noticed that Brayden was whining a lot more then usual, but I figured that it was just because he was tired....Oh but how I was wrong. So today we were at the Dr. office and he had just woke up from being a sleep in the car and I noticed that when he reaches for something and I don't let him have it he whines.I mean I know he obviously can not talk but oh my does the whining get old. It just makes me think about all the times I heard my sister telling her kids use your words, I don't understand whining. So on that note I have no idea what I am suppose to do to get him to stop, without giving in to him. It would be soo much easier if he could just understand me. So on that note if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

3 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Try teaching him to sign. He's at a great age for it! If nothing else, you are giving him the tools to "use your words" and it gives you something to redirect him with.

Plus, when you're dealing with whining, who cares what you're doing as long as you can do something to try to make him stop! :-) At least that's how I felt at points.

Stephanie Talbert said...

Thanks...I am willing to try anything, it hurts so bad to hear the whining ;)

Christi said...

Yeah, definitely do the signing thing. He'll start learning that there is a way he can communicate and it might cut down on his frustration too.

But stick to your guns! As annoying as the whining is, if you really don't want him to have something, don't give in! It'll just reinforce the whining. Praying for you!